Société : Land O'Lakes Madagascar
Publié le : 12/11/2014
Lieu : Tuléar
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation/IT Officer
Location: Tulear, Madagascar
Project: ASOTRY – Madagascar DFAP
The ASOTRY project is a USAID-funded food security, health and nutrition, and vulnerability mitigation project to be implemented over a five year period beginning in late 2014. Land O’Lakes is a member of the ADRA-led consortium implementing the project in selected Districts and Communes in Madagascar. In addition to a package of interventions in communities intended to strengthen community food security, health and nutrition, and natural disaster readiness, the project will manage and distribute Title II food commodities within communities to improve nutrition and reduce food insecurity.
The overall project Goal is to reduce food insecurity among vulnerable households in geographic areas. The project has three technical components, each referred to as a Purpose: Purpose 1) Improve the health and nutritional status of women and children under five, Purpose 2) Increase sustainable access to food for vulnerable households, and Purpose 3) Improve disaster preparedness and response in vulnerable communities. Land O’Lakes will focus implementation in selected communes in the Antsimo Andrefana Region.
The Monitoring and Evaluation/IT Officer implements and manages the project’s monitoring and evaluation system from the office located in Tulear, Madagascar. Reporting to the Regional Office Manager and collaborating with the Chief of Party, project technical specialists, the Monitoring and Evaluation/IT oversees the day to day implementation of the M&E system and procedures as well as the collection of indicators for quarterly and annual reporting. The M&E/IT Officer will bring knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, and secondarily, experience in IT systems and use as a resource. The M&E/IT Officer will also ensure that the ASOTRY consortium’s tools and data collection meet project needs and reporting timelines with quality and timeliness.
• Lead the contribution and preparation of materials form Land O’Lakes for the development of ASOTRY Performance Management Plan and update as necessary throughout the course of the project.
• Act as main point staff member responsible for coordinating ongoing data collection for the project.
• Ensure that these data are entered into ASOTRY database on a timely manner.
• Monitor the quality and completeness of project data for documenting project performance, and solve data problems if and when they arise.
• Revise and/or strengthen guidelines for completion of data forms, and conduct new M&E training to project staff at project sites.
• Compile data from multiple sources and provide project reports to the Chief of Party for inclusion in quarterly and annual performance reports.
• Establish appropriate mechanisms with partners for monitoring and tracking of ASOTRY activities in the three Purpose areas and results.
• Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with program staff, and implementing partners.
• Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations and improvements might be needed.
• Help prepare timely periodic reports including quarterly and annual performance reports.
• Assist other Land O’Lakes staff to select appropriate consultants for assessments and evaluation research, such as focused evaluations of specific project activities, and monitor these activities, including any or all of the following:
o Review study/survey design and tools in consultation with M&E Global Team and/or appropriate consultant;
o Assist with selection of consultant with skills appropriate to conduct study;
o Oversee quality control/monitor progress of study/consultants work, and
o Review and comment on content of study/evaluation reports.
• Assist Project staff to use project data to report and disseminate evidence of project work to wider community, ADRA, Land O’Lakes IDD, and other external stakeholders.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Economics, Health, Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation with or any relevant social/natural science and 3 years’ related experience; Master’s degree preferred
5 years minimum of professional experience in M&E, Information Systems, and “managing for results”
Excellent analytical and communication skills; experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods
Computer literacy: MS Word, Excel and Access, SPSS, Arc View and MS Project required
Professional experience with USAID and/or other development projects preferred
Fluency in English with excellent writing skills and presentation skills in Excel
Experience, knowledge and proficiency in using various statistical packages required.
Ability to think critically, anticipate and solve problems, and proactively find solutions.
Building Strategic Working Relationships: Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of project goals.
Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
Analytical Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for developing appropriate solutions, taking action that is consistence with available facts, and probable consequences.
Follow-up: Monitoring the results of delegations, assignments, or projects considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of assigned individual and characteristics of the project.
Innovation: Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
Planning and organizing: Establishing course of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed effectively.
Time Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to organize and prioritize workload activities and deliver on-time results.
Team Building: Proven ability to work with team members and experience, as a team-leader will be an added advantage.
Veuillez postuler a travers le link suivant (copier-coller):
How to apply:
• Please send a current CV and cover letter that details your qualifications for this position.
• Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Monitoring and Evaluation/IT” in the subject line of the message.
• Please understand that due to the volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.