Société : Tetikasa Fivoarana
Mis à jour le : 28 juin 2023
Lieu : Tananarive
TeFi is a nonprofit organization, with a strong focus on empowering individuals and communities. The principles of love, vision, education, and collaboration provide a solid foundation for its work and have a significant positive impact on the people it serves. These principles guide the organization’s efforts to provide support and assistance to individuals and communities, promoting their well-being and helping them overcome challenges. TeFi demonstrates its commitment to long-term goals and aspirations through projects, initiatives, and decision-making processes, ensuring that its efforts are aligned with its overarching mission of building sustainable development in the most impoverished communities of Madagascar.
We are looking for a qualified candidate to fill the Chief of Party position that is based in Antananarivo, Madagascar, for the upcoming education project funded by USAID Lova: Foundational Skills for a Better Future. This position is contingent upon award.
The CoP’s primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership, management oversight, and general strategic and technical direction of the entire project: designing, planning, coordination, and evaluation. The CoP ensures an integrated vision among the different components, actors, and stakeholders to achieve the results defined in the agreement. The CoP role is that of the chief executive of the project and the point of contact for USAID. The CoP ensures the timely completion and quality of all technical deliverables and the accuracy and transparency of all reports.
1. Project Leadership and Management. Provide overall strategic direction and leadership to ensure the successful implementation of the project.
Develop and execute project work plans, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, and performance indicators.
– Oversee project budgeting, financial management, and reporting, ensuring effective utilization of project resources.
– Ensure compliance with donor requirements, project timelines, and reporting obligations.
– Lead the project team, providing guidance, mentoring, and support to ensure high-quality performance.
2. Program Implementation and Quality Assurance:
– Oversee the design and implementation of project activities in accordance with project objectives and USAID guidelines.
– Monitor project progress, identify challenges, and develop strategies for mitigating risks and addressing gaps. Conduct regular field visits to project sites to monitor implementation, assess program quality, and provide technical guidance.
– Foster effective collaboration and coordination among project staff, partners, and stakeholders to maximize impact.
3. Partnerships and Stakeholder Engagement:
Establish and maintain strong partnerships with government agencies, educational institutions, NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders. Nurture collaborations to ensure their active involvement and support in project planning and implementation.
4. Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning:
Develop and oversee the implementation of a robust monitoring and evaluation system to track project progress and impact. Ensure the timely collection, analysis, and utilization of project data for evidence-based decision-making. Facilitate learning within the project team and promote a culture of adaptive management and continuous improvement. Document and disseminate project successes, lessons learned, and best practices to relevant stakeholders.
– A minimum of a Master’s degree in education, international development, or a related field.
– Proven experience (at least 12 years) in managing and implementing education projects, preferably in a leadership role.
– In-depth knowledge of the education sector in Madagascar, including current trends, challenges, and best practices.
– Strong project management skills, including planning, budgeting, and monitoring.
– Demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships with government entities, educational institutions, and other stakeholders.
– Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
– Experience in managing diverse teams and fostering a collaborative working environment.
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural and fast-paced environment.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Fluency in English and French (written and spoken) is required; knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
– Willingness to travel frequently to project sites within Madagascar.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.