Société : Land O'Lakes Madagascar
Publié le : 19/11/2014
Regional Office Manager, Madagascar, DFAP
Note: This position is open to local candidates only.
The ASOTRY project is a USAID-funded food security, health and nutrition, and vulnerability mitigation project to be implemented over a five year period beginning in late 2014. Land O’Lakes is a member of the ADRA-led consortium implementing the project in selected Districts and Communes in Madagascar. In addition to a package of interventions in communities intended to strengthen community food security, health and nutrition, and natural disaster readiness, the project will manage and distribute Title II food commodities within communities to improve nutrition and reduce food insecurity.
The overall project Goal is to reduce food insecurity among vulnerable households in geographic areas. The project has three technical components, each referred to as a Purpose: Purpose 1) Improve the health and nutritional status of women and children under five, Purpose 2) Increase sustainable access to food for vulnerable households, and Purpose 3) Improve disaster preparedness and response in vulnerable communities. Land O’Lakes will focus implementation in selected communes in the Antsimo Andrefana Region.
The Regional Office Manager provides technical leadership and management in the project’s main office located in Tulear, Madagascar. Reporting to Chief of Party and collaborating with the project Finance and Administration Manager, the Regional Office Manager oversees the day to day operations and technical implementation of a team of operational and technical staff. The Regional Office Manager will bring both deep knowledge of the three Purpose areas as well as strong team and operational management to the Tulear-based project team. The Regional Office manager will also ensure that food commodities provided to Land O’Lakes are correctly and accounted for using the DFAP and USAID Office of Food for Peace commodity management requirements and management guidelines.
Lead and manage technical staff including field agents and warehouse staff responsible for commodity management;
Play a lead role in coordinating and directing technical activities with respect to nutrition and health, strengthening food security and rural livelihoods, and community-based disaster reduction;
Responsible for effective planning and achievement of project goals, oversight of performance and meeting project indicator results targets;
Play a lead role with the COP in annual work planning and project implementation as well as monitoring, evaluation and reporting of DFAP project indicators;
Participate in regular field visits and provide technical assistance in field DFAP activities;
Responsible for ensuring close collaboration and coordination with community stakeholders;
Prepare and review staff contributions to quarterly technical, commodity, and financial reporting.
Office and warehouse management:
Overseeing staff in commodity operations, ensure that food commodities are managed to meet project requirements for distribution, safety, tracking, transport, and reporting;
Contribute to office start up and the location of office and warehouse space in Tulear and field locations as needed.
Human Resources Management:
Contribute to the recruiting, on-boarding, management and evaluation of project staff in accordance with Land O’Lakes staff management and development practices;
Contribute to the planning and coordination of DFAP technical missions and short-term technical assistance provided by expatriate/local consultants and local staff.
Contribute to monitoring all office costs and use of funds; Monitor and review budgets to ensure that expenditures are within approved budget; With the COP and Finance and Administration Manager, ensure that forecast parameters and that all appropriate financial reporting and regulatory requirements are met.
Responsible for overseeing the acquisition and management of office and project property related to the Tulear Office.
In collaboration with Finance and Administration staff, identify and resolve financial reporting errors.
Representation and New Business Development:
· Representation of Land O’Lakes to DFAP stakeholders, especially to ADRA, and occasionally USAID as well as other development organizations, host government officials, community groups and partners;
· Promote favorable publicity and public image.
· Understand, respect and promote Land O’ Lakes values and vision in the implementation of assigned duties.
· Responsible for contributing to country security plan in collaboration with the COP and Headquarters staff;
· Arrange for security of project staff and assets as appropriate;
· Implement country security plan in conjunction with the Director, Programs.
· Liaise with staff, community, NGO and other security networks.
· Build relationships with communities in which we live and work.
· Monitor security situation.
· Ensure security policies and procedures are implemented, communicated and followed.
Qualifications and Experience:
· University degree in Agriculture, Development Studies, Nutrition-Health or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
· At least 5 years relevant professional experience in technical management of multi-sector development projects relevant to health-nutrition, rural livelihoods and agriculture, and disaster reduction and preparedness ; Preference for experience in implementing food security-related projects
· Excellent technical, communication in English and French, interpersonal skills, analytical and presentation and professional and clear writing skills
· Working Knowledge of MS Office and Excel required
· Experience in managing USAID funds, especially for Title II projects (such as previous DAP, MYAP, SYAP, or DFAP)
· Good verbal communication skills with the ability to dialogue with stakeholders, network and collaborate with donor agencies, international institutions, stakeholders and development partners
· Excellent English language speaking and writing skills are required
· Highly developed negotiating and interpersonal skills
· Proven skills in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
· Strong ability and experience to manage staff in technical and operational roles as head of a unit or field/regional office
· Experience in applying best-practice and organizational policy and procedures in a country-based project
Building Strategic Working Relationships: Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of project goals.
Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
Analytical Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for developing appropriate solutions, taking action that is consistence with available facts, and probable consequences.
Follow-up: Monitoring the results of delegations, assignments, or projects considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of assigned individual and characteristics of the project.
Innovation: Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
Planning and organizing: Establishing course of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed effectively.
Time Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to organize and prioritize workload activities and deliver on-time results.
Team Building: Proven ability to work with team members and experience, as a team-leader will be an added advantage.
Please apply via the link below (cut past into browser):
Also visit the Land O’Lakes website for job postings at www.idd.landolakes.com under « Work with Us. »